WINDSOR LOCKS-EAST WINDSOR, CT — Here are some recent notable accomplishments by college students who hail from Windsor Locks and East Windsor. The information is provided to Patch by readMedia Newswire.
Central Connecticut State University, New Britain CT
- Central Connecticut State University selected five students to receive President’s citation Awards. The President’s citation is presented annually to outstanding seniors nominated by faculty and staff and selected by the President’s Office for their leadership on campus, volunteerism, and academic success. Nicole Elsinger of Windsor Locks, an Accounting and General Mathematics double major, served for two years as Student Government Association treasurer before she was elected president this year. Nicole also has served on the Integrated Planning Committee, University Planning and Budget Committee, Faculty Senate Student Affairs Committee, and the Vaccine Mandate Working Group.
DePauw University, Greencastle IN
- DePauw University congratulates Robin Bista of Windsor Locks, who graduated Cum Laude Graduate with a BA in Computer Science and Mathematics on May 22, 2022. Bista was also named to the spring 2022 Dean’s List. The Dean’s List recognizes students who achieve a semester grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Lasell University, Newton MA
- The Lasell University Athletics department inducted its newest members into Chi Alpha Sigma at halftime of the April 13 men’s lacrosse game against Saint Joseph’s College of Maine. Among them was women’s soccer team member Alexys Suojanen of Windsor Locks.
Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester NH
- Christopher White of Broad Brook and Ron Russo of Windsor Locks were named to the winter 2022 President’s List. Full-time undergraduate students who have earned a minimum grade-point average of 3.700 and above are named to the President’s List.
- Anna Dombroski of Windsor Locks and Rachel Thurz of Broad Brook were named to the winter 2022 Dean’s List. Full-time undergraduate students who have earned a minimum grade-point average of 3.500 to 3.699 are named to the Dean’s List.
U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis MD
- Evan Brace of Windsor Locks successfully completed four years of challenging academic, physical and professional military training, graduating from the U.S. Naval Academy with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science (Honors) and a commission as a U.S. Marine Corps 2nd Lt. Brace is a graduate of CREC Academy of International Studies (formerly Metropolitan Learning Center). At the academy, Brace was President of the National Eagle Scout Association (NESA), Director of VIPs for the Naval Academy Foreign Affairs Conference, 1st Company Training Officer and a Writing Center Tutor.
University of Saint Joseph, West Hartford CT